Skip to content

Forms for Current Graduate Students

Graduate Home | Why HDSP? | Ph.D. Coursework & Requirements M.S. Coursework & Requirements | Applying To Our Programs | Forms | Careers | Graduate Research | Child Life Track

    • Leave of Absence
      • Please return form complete with chair of supervisory committee and department chair signature to Graduate records in 302 PARK.
      • If you are an international student on an F-1 or J-1 Visa, please contact the International Center about requesting a leave (801)581-8876 or 410 Union.
      • Drop/Withdraw from the class(es) for the semester that you are requesting a leave of absence. For assistance, please contact the Registrar's office (801)581-8969 or 250N Student Services Building, window #13.
      • A leave of absence may be granted for a maximum of one year.
      • Retroactive leaves of absences are not granted. Leave of absence form must be submitted no later than the last day of class.
      • It is your responsibility to register for the semester following this leave of absence. If you need to extend this leave of absence, a new form must be submitted. If you do not register for the term indicated, you will be discontinued and will need to reapply through Graduate Admission.
      • Note: A student who chooses to drop/withdraw from  class(es) should first determine the impact, if any, on tuition benefits, insurance coverage, financial aid rewards, loan repayments, etc., which may require evidence of academic enrollment.
    • Petition for Consideration of Exception to Policy
    • Undergraduate Petition for Graduate Credit
    • Application for Graduate Degree
      • All graduate candidates for graduation must complete an Application for Graduate Degree with the Registrar's Office, Graduation Division. Applications will not be accepted more than one year in advance. Deadlines for submission are:
        • Fall Graduation (December) — June 1
        • Spring Graduation (May) — November 1
        • Summer Graduation (August) — February 1
    • Thesis Office Forms for students completing an M.S. thesis or PhD dissertation
    • Graduate Student Thesis Handbook
      • The University's Thesis Handbook provides crucial information for graduate students completing an M.S. with thesis or a PhD dissertation and is available online.
Last Updated: 3/25/21